Building on the success of last year’s inaugural #CyberFest, we are planning to make the North East’s largest cyber festival even better, with more events, more speakers and more opportunities to get involved.
So far we have the following events planned:
- 9th September – Evening event at Salvus House, Durham, hosted by the Federation of Small Businesses. A workshop that will review the key data protection challenges that businesses face and what practical measures should be put in place for a SME to manage its cyber risks. Read about the event’s speakers or BOOK TICKETS
- 10th September – Evening event at City Gate, Newcastle, hosted by Ernst & Young. The (ISC)2 North East England chapter supports a growing community of information security professionals in the region providing an opportunity to build a local network of peers to share knowledge and exchange ideas. BOOK TICKETS
- 11th September – Morning event at The Curve, Teesside University, hosted by Teesside University and Digital City. Cyber in a changing business model – harnessing opportunities. How integrated business communities and supply chains have come together to address these challenges and opportunities. Read about the event’s speakers or BOOK TICKETS
- 12th September – One-day business event at the Urban Science Building, Newcastle University hosted by Newcastle University Helix. Hear from organisations that have delivered real solutions or dealt with the fallout of cyber security and learn about the opportunities from this important and growing business sector. Read about the event’s speakers or BOOK TICKETS
- 13th September – Breakfast event at Claxton Suite, Wynyard Park House, hosted by Communicate PLC. A non-technical account on the steps you can take to help you and your business become more resilient to cyber-attacks and security breaches. BOOK TICKETS
- 17th September – Evening event at Northumbria University, hosted by Not Equal and North East Initiative on Business Ethics. Not Equal, Corporate Social Responsibility, Cyber and ethics. Building security into business and dealing with the ethics of cyber security as you grow. Read about the event’s speakers or BOOK TICKETS
- 18th September – Local civic cyber resilience event for public sector, venue to be advised, hosted by North East ICT Managers. Tickets will be available from NEICT. SOLD OUT.
- 23rd September – Evening event at Northumbria University, hosted by OWASP Newcastle with a ‘two talks and pizza’ format: Stalk Awareness and; Rethinking Threat Intelligence – a quick glance at intelligence led risk management. BOOK TICKETS
- 24th September – Advancing manufacturing event at Alnwick Castle, hosted by Northumberland Estates, Advance Northumberland and Womble Bond Dickinson. Advancing manufacturing – managing disruption caused by digital technology and the fallout of cyber security as business models are changing. Read about the event’s speakers or BOOK TICKETS
- 26th September – Cyber Skills for App and Web Developers hosted by Sunderland University and Institute of Coding in conjunction with Digital Union. BOOK TICKETS
Cyber 101 Bootcamp