Dynamo North East, in partnership with North Tyneside Learning Trust, are delighted to host a CPD networking event at Burnside Business and Enterprise College on Wednesday 20th June, 4.00pm.
The event will be held in a relaxed and supportive environment for teachers, careers advisors and providers of IT curriculum and careers guidance support services.
The session will be led by members of the Dynamo skills cluster and representatives from the recruitment industry to discuss the changes in demand for technical skills and the expertise needed by businesses in the region. They will also be able to help you increase your understanding of what an IT or Tech job entails. You may be surprised by what you already know but haven’t made that link!
Did you know….
- There are currently over 3,500 vacancies within IT organisations in the North East?
- There are 39,000 people employed in IT within the North East?
- There are 1,300 IT employers in the region?
- IT apprenticeships are available now within the North East for 16-19yr olds?
- In the North East IT jobs include gaming, coding, designing government IT systems and more?
- People working in IT and Digital earn more than their peers?
Why you should attend?
- Opportunity to meet with people supporting curriculum development and delivery who you might not otherwise have the chance to meet
- Learn more about the North East’s IT & Tech network – the profile of career opportunities
- Increase understanding of what an IT or Tech job entails
- Opportunity for schools and advisors to share ideas and ask questions around engaging more with the sector
- Meet local IT & Tech employers and employees
There will also be lots of opportunity to network and chat to those working in the IT industry. There will be an Employers Zone with interactive activities and demos.
- Newcastle College
- Profound Services
- National Careers Service
- North East Futures UTC
More to follow…
4.00pm – Tea, coffee & exhibition
4.30pm – Introduction from the Dynamo team
4.45pm – Welcome from North Tyneside Learning Trust
4.55pm – Introduction on jobs, skills and companies in the North East
5.30pm – Networking/Workshop
6.15pm – Summary
6.30pm – Finish
Read more posts
Bosses from the biggest food producers in China recently invited a Sunderland academic to showcase his innovative food safety business model. Dr Derek Watson, from the University of Sunderland, has…Read more
The North East Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has published its updated Strategic Economic Plan, outlining how it will have helped create 100,000 jobs for the region by 2024. The organisation…Read more
Newcastle University has revealed a vision to redevelop the former General Hospital site in the city’s West End. The project will look to address the challenges of an ageing society…Read more