Cyber security is major concern for everyone and should be considered as part of a wider resilience agenda for the region. This is why Dynamo is creating a new type of coordination, one that involves all aspects of cyber resilience including those involved in commercial delivery, research and development, learning, regional resilience and users of technology.
The cyber workstream brings together these components in a coordinated way that promotes the North East as:
- A region of high cyber awareness and infrastructural resilience.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery of Cyber related services.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery and development of high quality students and employees.
- Noted for research and development in cyber.
To move forward with this, Dynamo, in partnership with Accenture, is launching #CyberFest, a series of cyber related events across the region during September.
The aim of #Cyberfest is:
To raise awareness of the North east as a place to address cyber resilience; to get people engaged in the Dynamo work stream; educate and inform of the threats and opportunities from cyber.
This will be achieved through:
A series of events covering the North East during September 2018, including:
- September 5 – #CyberNorth: One-day business event in Newcastle hosted by Northumbria University. More info & to book
- September 13 – Business event in Tees Valley hosted at The Curve by Teesside University. More details to follow
- September 14 – Breakfast event at the ORE Catapult in Blyth hosted by ORE Catalpult and ARCH. More details to follow
- September 19 – Local civic cyber resilience event for public sector at the Stadium of Light, hosted by North East ICT Managers. More details to follow.
Read more posts
EY has appointed a new leader to head up its 450-strong financial services team in the North East. Partner Mike Scoular, who also heads up managed services across the UK,…Read more
A family-owned dental practice is set to receive significant investment after being sold by its long-standing former owners, in a deal completed by various local dealmakers. Ridgway Dental Practice, in…Read more
Sunderland has played host to a number of high-profile events across the city recently, thanks in particular to efforts from the Business Improvement District, Vibe Magazine and Sunderland Business Partnership.…Read more