‘Tech Boom North East: Spotlight on the Opportunity’
Monday 3 July 2017
For the fourth year, Dynamo is bringing its annual conference back to showcase the IT & tech sector in the North East. With the title ‘Tech Boom North East: Spotlight on the opportunity’ this year’s event, taking place on Monday 3rd July kindly hosted by Durham University, promises to showcase the strength in our region, and where the opportunity is growing for the sector. We are delighted that Sage is confirmed as our headline sponsor this year.
“The Dynamo conference is all about inspiration – from international speakers scanning the future, through to locals with amazing stories. We want you to come, but also bring colleagues who don’t often see a showcase of the region’s finest corporate computing. The day is great networking and you are sure to pick up partner projects too!” Charlie Hoult, Chair
We are delighted to announce our Keynote Speakers:
James Ashton (Compere)
From Huddersfield, James is an experienced journalist and media consultant. He has written and commentated on British business, the economy and technology for almost 20 years. He was City Editor of the Sunday Times and London Evening Standard, and has also worked for the Daily Mail, the Scotsman and the Sunday Telegraph. James was educated at the University of St Andrews and City University in London.
Professor Carlos Frenk
Ogden Professor of Fundamental Physics and founding Director of the Institute for Computational Cosmology, Durham University’s world-renowned theoretical cosmology research group. He is one of the originators of the “Cold dark matter” theory for the formation of structure in our Universe.
Professor James Woudhuysen
One of Europe’s best-known speakers on the future of IT, he also speaks in China, India and America. Physics graduate; Visiting Professor, London South Bank University. James has worked with most of the world’s top IT companies. These include Amadeus, Brother, EMC, Fujitsu, IBM, Microsoft, Information Security Forum, O2, Oracle, Orange, Panasonic, Sabre, Sage, SAP, ShipServ, Tata, Telefonica and Vodafone.
- Promoting Diversity in Tech: What Works?
- Cyber Resilience
- Innovating Through Data
- Orange Bus: Past, Present & Future (Dynamites Case Study)
- Games Apps/Digital/Creative
- Govt Digital Transformation
- Digital construction glue – What are the benefits of a cluster approach?
- Our digital skills shortage: a new solution?
- Reliability and Predictive Data Analytics: applications in Renewable Energy
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Talent for North East Shared Service centres
- Digital transformation & innovation
- Dynamites Case Study – Hedgehog Lab
- AI Bots & Voice
We will also hear the stories of some of our amazing past Dynamites awards winners including Orange Bus and Hedgehog Lab.
To demonstrate the incredible talent and innovation we have in the North East, we will be running a live Hackathon during Dynamo 17 conference on Monday 03 July. The Hackathon will bring together developers, students, designers and tech enthusiasts from across the region – all Dynamo members – to develop creative tech solutions that benefit the North East.
For full details on the hack and how to get involved, please click here
Over 350 delegates from the region’s leading and growing IT and Software companies, Local Councils, Specialist professional services, Universities and other related industry are expected to attend Dynamo 17 including:
- CEOs, Directors, Managing Directors of International IT and Software companies
- IT Managers, IDS Managers and Programme Managers
- IT Consultants
- Business Development, Project and Account Managers
- Investment Managers
- Professors and Academics from the North East’s Universities
- Head of ICT Services at Local Councils
- Council Leaders and Digital and IT Development Directors at both local and national level
- Law firm representatives specialising in the industry
- Vendors and suppliers into the industry
Benefits of attending Dynamo 17
- Get inspired by listening to leading regional and national IT industry figures
- Grow your business by learning from industry success and collaborative projects
- Build future success by getting involved in the region’s tech sector growth
- Help address your skills challenges by joining the debate about growing IT talent in our region
- Take part in shaping Dynamo’s workstreams and future direction
- Share stories of innovation and find business partners to create more
- Find business development opportunities by meeting some 350+ key executives from major tech firms
If you have any queries or would like to get involved to support Dynamo 17, please get in touch with us: email@example.com.
“As the largest technology company in the UK, Sage is delighted to show their continued support for Dynamo 17. The North East is an important region for Sage as we actively support the generation of new business, the creation of new skills, and the ongoing growth of the economy. In addition we are proud to support many community projects and charitable causes through our Sage Foundation” Stuart Lynn, Chief Product Delivery Officer, Sage
Host City sponsor
Host venue sponsor
Workshop room sponsors
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To follow feedback and comments throughout the day, look up hashtag #Dynamo17