Urban Sciences Building, 1 Science Square, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5TG
* This event has been rescheduled from 5 March 2018 – REGISTER HERE
Newcastle University and Siemens are changing how industry and academia work together to create impact from data driven research.
Hosted at the £58m Urban Sciences Building, the MindSphere Lab will showcase the huge impact of the Internet of Things (IoT) on industry and give users access to Siemens’ open, cloud-based platform, MindSphere.
This exclusive event will combine the latest thinking from the university and industry with demonstrations of the technology using real data and assets;
- Juergen Maier, Siemens UK CEO, will join a panel discussing the challenges and opportunities presented by industrial digitalisation
- How practically industry and academia can work together in a world of digital technologies to rapidly develop new solutions
Access to Siemens and university experts who will show:
- How advanced prognostics can change the business case – and the business model – for deploying batteries on the UK grid
- That IoT enables new approaches to asset monitoring and health
- How live data collected from a manufacturing process can be used to improve the accuracy of production and develop prognostic algorithms to predict the behaviour of the manufacturing process
As well as an opportunity to workshop how an IoT solution is developed and to meet experts from the University’s School of Computing and the National Innovation Centre for Data to learn about the collaboration opportunities with the University.
The event will take place from 11:00-13:30 followed by showcase demonstrations of IoT and analytics available until 16:15, if you would like to find out more and also as a drop-in for university staff and students.
MindSphere is Siemens’ cloud-based open IoT operating system and further info can be found at
Read more posts
EY has appointed a new leader to head up its 450-strong financial services team in the North East. Partner Mike Scoular, who also heads up managed services across the UK,…Read more
A family-owned dental practice is set to receive significant investment after being sold by its long-standing former owners, in a deal completed by various local dealmakers. Ridgway Dental Practice, in…Read more
Sunderland has played host to a number of high-profile events across the city recently, thanks in particular to efforts from the Business Improvement District, Vibe Magazine and Sunderland Business Partnership.…Read more