The WOW project is designed to equip all children and young people for the World of Work (WOW) and spans every stage of the learning journey, from Early Years Foundation Stage, to Post– 16. Activities are carefully designed in partnership with teachers and business professionals so that pupils gradually build on skills and knowledge gained each year and eventually leave school ‘work ready’. They can then make informed decisions about their next destinations and flourish when they get there.
The projects vision is for all children to be inspired, motivated and equipped to reach their full potential. Every child—no excuses.
The activities are designed, delivered and supported by teachers, businesses, professional volunteers and partners who are all fully supported and engaged in the WOW programme.
WOW INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES
The WOW Project is designed to support meaningful and quality careers interventions into Trust Partner Schools in North Tyneside. One of the key ways in which we do this is to engage with local, national and international business’ to bring to life the world of work for children and young people. We work with
- Some of the largest public services in the North East including Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue, Northumbria Police, Nexus and Northumbria Health Care NHS Trust
- International business such as Accenture, Engie, HMRC, Kier, Sainsbury’s and AIS
- North East business’ including Tyne and Wear Museums, Vision for Education, Hay and Kilmer and Shasun Pharmaceuticals
- North Tyneside business including First Class Supply, Street Pastors, 2020 Vision Technology and Mark English Opticians
- Further and Higher education partners including Tyne Met College, Northumbria University and Newcastle University
- Uniformed Services including Royal Air Force, Navy and Army
To get involved in an event or initiative or to find out more please contact one of the WOW Project Lead
Read more posts
EY has appointed a new leader to head up its 450-strong financial services team in the North East. Partner Mike Scoular, who also heads up managed services across the UK,…Read more
A family-owned dental practice is set to receive significant investment after being sold by its long-standing former owners, in a deal completed by various local dealmakers. Ridgway Dental Practice, in…Read more
Sunderland has played host to a number of high-profile events across the city recently, thanks in particular to efforts from the Business Improvement District, Vibe Magazine and Sunderland Business Partnership.…Read more