Northern Power Futures will be held at Boiler Shop on 10 & 11 February 2019
Sunday 10th Feb 12pm-5pm
Monday 11th Feb 10am-5pm
WHAT IS NORTHERN POWER FUTURES?
A two-day high interactive festival including leading Northern voices, panels, demos, workshops and debates on topics and issues such as the economy, technology, workplace culture, lifestyle, wellbeing and business. Designed to inspire and super power delegates from a wide range of working backgrounds – from starters through to CEOs and Chairs – towards the strongest possible future in and for the North.
PURPOSE: To inspire participants with knowledge and insights about what’s new for the workforce of the North East and wider North and how to prepare for it.
WHAT’S DIFFERENT: Delegates will be able to select the sessions they most want to attend from a rich menu of choices, tailoring a programme to what is of greatest relevance and interest. If you want to engage outside the working week, we have Sunday afternoon sessions, or you can join on Monday – or both!
AUDIENCE: Whether you are positioned to play a part in steering the future of the north; are at school or college; or are a university leaver or career returner; or you just want to super power your career and life – this is an excellent event for you.
AUDIENCE SIZE: 200-300 people per day.
SPEAKERS: Diverse and inclusive range of speakers, panellists and experts and leaders from a wide range of backgrounds.
WHY PEOPLE WILL ATTEND:
- To be inspired by the generation of leaders who will drive the Northern ambition into the future
- To network: meet new allies and plan new initiatives and projects for personal, organisational and regional growth
- To learn and discuss: hear the latest debates, and come away understanding more about yourself and where your future opportunities might lie
- To consider the balance of personal actions and choices which can best complement your professional role- in private, public, charity and voluntary sector organisations
- To be informed: understand the opportunities and challenges across Northern England from some of the leaders across the region who are shaping them
- To listen and learn: experience a wealth of perspectives from fresh voices
- To hear from leading private and public organisations
This has been developed through myriad discussions across the region, learnings from NPF Manchester and from three consultative North East planning events
Concurrent event strands run throughout the event so guests can select content to suit them:
SUNDAY: Health / Lifestyle MONDAY: Career / Economy / Regional Future
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST
Read more posts
Bosses from the biggest food producers in China recently invited a Sunderland academic to showcase his innovative food safety business model. Dr Derek Watson, from the University of Sunderland, has…Read more
The North East Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has published its updated Strategic Economic Plan, outlining how it will have helped create 100,000 jobs for the region by 2024. The organisation…Read more
Newcastle University has revealed a vision to redevelop the former General Hospital site in the city’s West End. The project will look to address the challenges of an ageing society…Read more