The proposal is to develop a cybersecurity innovation centre in the North East along the lines of the London Office For Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement (LORCA)
The benefits of an ORCANE approach would be a parallel of LORCA’s:
- Support LORCA in building the UK’s international cybersecurity profile.
- Build the region’s cybersecurity and resilience profile
- Maximise the commercial potential of great cyber solutions
- Minimise the barriers to scale
- Get solutions to market more quickly
- Bring jobs and business to the region.
The benefits of an ORCANE approach to contributing organisation will include:
- Position as lead organizations in cyber
- Raise profile regionally and nationally
- Generate income