The Dynamo Cyber Cluster is supported by
of the group
To make the North East:
- A region of high cyber awareness and infrastructural resilience
- A centre of excellence in the delivery of Cyber related services
- A centre of excellence in the delivery and development of high quality students and employees
- Noted for research and development in cyber
Key aims and
- To collaborate with law enforcement and other agencies to support and align activities which meet UK and regional cyber security objectives.
- To champion the North East’s cyber-security and resilience sector by identifying all involved in supply, development and coordination of related activities and developing a series of interventions that raise awareness of such issues.
- To gain a thorough understanding of the region’s business cyber sector and develop initiatives, in particular with the universities, that increase research and development and combine the strengths of business offering to distinguish the North East’s position, with the possible aim of creating a regional security operations centre.
- To build employment pathways that require cyber-security skills by working with schools, further education, higher education and businesses to meet future skills demands.
- To secure additional funding that allows the objectives of the cluster to be met and be supported on an ongoing basis.
The cyber work stream is holding a number of events throughout the remainder of this year and into 2019, focused on the three principle themes of interest: Awareness; Business; Learning. Further details will be provided as the dates are agreed.
Each theme will also develop ideas that support the work streams aims and objectives.
If you are interested in being involved in any way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The diagram above is to help the regional discussions around cyber security. It aims to identify classes of organisations. The blue boxes represent organisations which the cyber work stream should engage with.
- Can you see where you’d fit in the picture?
- Can you think of an organisation involved in cyber that isn’t represented in the diagram?
- Or a class (peg) that’s missing?
- How would you change the diagram?
Following the hugely successful #CyberFest 2018, Dynamo, in partnership with Accenture are delighted to be revisiting the North East’s largest cyber festival.
The aim of #CyberFest 2019 is to raise awareness of the North east as a place to address cyber resilience; to get people engaged in the Dynamo work stream; educate and inform of the threats and opportunities from cyber.
#CyberFest 2019 is going to be bigger and better, with nine events so far, covering different target audiences. Across September there will be something for everyone, whether you provide cybersecurity services, are thinking about expanding your business into this area or are interested in staying safe online.
A range of useful resources including how to report a cyber attack and strategy development can be found here.
To find out how to be involved in the Cyber Cluster, please contact Phil Jackman on email@example.com