The Dynamo Cyber Cluster is supported by
of the group
To make the North East the place for cyber security and:
- A region of high cyber awareness and infrastructural resilience
- A centre of excellence in the delivery of Cyber related services
- A centre of excellence in the delivery and development of high quality students and employees
- Noted for research and development in cyber
Key aims and
Every threat is an opportunity. Cyber security is a global threat and an enormous opportunity. It’s a $5 trillion annual spend opportunity and we are well placed to take advantage. We want a piece of that action.
CyberNorth is the cyber security cluster for the North East. We are working to grow the industry across the region to position it as a great place to do cyber security business. We are working to grow jobs – highly skilled, well paid and interesting jobs.
We’re doing this in three ways:
- Make a lot of noise to raise awareness and build belief. We do this through events culminating in #CyberFest in September, the North East’s biggest cyber festival (read more)
- Develop a mechanism to help existing business to grow in a collaborative yet competitive framework, like an online retail park (read more)
- Create new businesses by developing a cyber innovation centre across the region along the lines of LORCA (read more)
Get on board, be part of CyberNorth!
Read the latest CyberNorth newsletter here.
We are working to build a cyber security ecosystem across the region and gather details of individuals and companies that are either working in or who have expressed an interest in this space.
Regular updates on events and meetings are sent to this group. If you are interested in hearing more, or being involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The diagram above is to help the regional discussions around cyber security. It aims to identify classes of organisations. The blue boxes represent organisations which the cyber work stream should engage with.
#CyberFest, the North East’s largest cyber security festival has now been running for two years and plans are underway for 2020. With events across the region throughout September, the aim of #CyberFest is to raise awareness of cyber security activities across the region as part of our mission ‘To Make the North East the place for cyber security.’
A range of useful resources including how to report a cyber attack and strategy development can be found here.
To find out how to be involved in the Cyber Cluster, please contact Phil Jackman on email@example.com