SPECIAL PROJECT: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
of the group
As a North East tech network, Dynamo wants to play our part in diversifying the region’s tech sector. We realise that we need to do more to ensure we represent our diverse society and support the region’s SMEs and wider tech community to do the same. We have started some informal conversations in this area and are looking at how we can progress this to drive positive action.
Key aims and
We believe that a diverse workforce ensures diversity of thinking, leading to growth and innovation. Objectives:
• Carry out research into the diversity of the North East tech sector and write a report that includes recommendations for SMEs in the region
• Develop an EDI strategy and action plan, working with Dynamo Board and Innovation mangers
• Engage with key stakeholders and offer 1:1 business support with SMEs
• Make connections and work with partners to draw upon research already in place/carried out
• Collaborate with SMEs to share best practice on EDI and progress being made in their organisations across the network
• Support the facilitation of the working group
Work underway includes a podcast, blog, action plan and a #HERO role model campaign for the region.
Contact Fareeha.firstname.lastname@example.org for more and to get involved.