September 2018 saw the first #CyberFest, the North East’s largest cyber festival, with six events across the region, forty speakers and five hundred delegates:
- 4th September – Evening meeting of (ISC)2 North East England Chapter September Meetup held at Accenture, Cobalt.
- 5th September – One-day business event in Newcastle hosted by Northumbria University Business School.
- 13th September – Morning event in Tees Valley hosted at The Europa Building by Teesside University.
- 14th September – Breakfast event in Blyth hosted by ORE Catapult and Business Northumberland.
- 19th September – Local civic cyber resilience event for public sector at the Stadium of Light, hosted by North East ICT Managers.
- 26th September – Lunchtime seminar in Durham hosted by Waterstons Ltd and Durham Police.