Part of Dynamo North East, CyberNorth is the region’s cyber security cluster supported by Accenture and the Innovation SuperNetwork. It is part of the UK Cyber Cluster Collaboration (UKC3) as well as Global Epic and recognised by the Department for Communications, Media and Sport and the National Cyber Security Centre as representing the region.
We are looking for a range of people and service providers, working with the CyberNorth and Dynamo team to:
- Improve direct engagement with and understanding of the local cyber security market
- Improve collaboration across the sector
- Support marketing and social media to raise the profile of CyberNorth
- Help develop a cyber security skills development plan.
Funding of £42,000 is available initially up to the end of March 2022, but may be extended and so we are looking for an early start.
The roles may be covered by one or several people and organisations and we are open to proposals. Hours and work location will be self-determined and flexible, including working from home though some travel within the North East will be required. All levels of experience will be considered. An understanding of cyber security would be an advantage but not essential. Day rate or salary will be dependent upon candidate and experience. Some examples of potential applicants are given below.
Key responsibilities include:
These responsibilities could be delivered independently by more than one person or grouped according to an applicant’s skills and experience
- Conduct sector research to map the sector’s key stakeholders and specialisms
- Engage and network with the differing stakeholders in the cluster
- Regional promotion and investment – identify funding and partnership opportunities and identify opportunities to create noise/PR for the sector
- Set up a cluster events calendar to share information on the cluster events across the cluster/wider sector to reduce clashes and encourage support (cluster events calendar), working with the Dynamo team at BeaconHouse Events
- Manage, review and grow the cluster activity, identifying best practice and new opportunities for action
- Gather sector market intelligence and research and influence new research projects where possible
- Curate the content for any cluster related events and sessions at other organisations’ events
- Develop and maintain systems that support the CyberNorth cluster
- Work with learning and business sectors to develop a skills action plan
Possible suitable candidates
These roles could be suitable for people:
- Employed part time who want some additional work
- Wanting to work around childcare arrangements
- Looking for work around studying commitments
- Currently working in a similar role or offer similar services
- Working for a company that could offer relevant services
- Interested in cyber security as a career
- Looking for a career change into cyber security
We are looking for expressions of interest at this stage, so please get in touch with a brief outline of your current circumstances to firstname.lastname@example.org