Dynamo North East, in partnership with North Tyneside Learning Trust, are delighted to host a CPD networking event at Burnside Business and Enterprise College on Wednesday 20th June, 4.00pm.
The event will be held in a relaxed and supportive environment for teachers, careers advisors and providers of IT curriculum and careers guidance support services.
The session will be led by members of the Dynamo skills cluster and representatives from the recruitment industry to discuss the changes in demand for technical skills and the expertise needed by businesses in the region. They will also be able to help you increase your understanding of what an IT or Tech job entails. You may be surprised by what you already know but haven’t made that link!
Did you know….
- There are currently over 3,300 vacancies within IT organisations in the North East?
- There are 33,000 people employed in IT within the North East?
- There are 1,300 IT employers in the region?
- IT apprenticeships are available now within the North East for 16-19yr olds?
- In the North East IT jobs include gaming, coding, designing government IT systems and more?
- People working in IT and Digital earn more than their peers?
Why you should attend?
- Opportunity to meet with people supporting curriculum development and delivery who you might not otherwise have the chance to meet
- Learn more about the North East’s IT & Tech network – the profile of career opportunities
- Increase understanding of what an IT or Tech job entails
- Opportunity for schools and advisors to share ideas and ask questions around engaging more with the sector
- Meet local IT & Tech employers and employees
There will also be lots of opportunity to network and chat to those working in the IT industry. There will be an Employers Zone with interactive activities and demos.
Exhibitor details to follow soon.
4.00pm – Tea, coffee & exhibition
4.30pm – Introduction from the Dynamo team
4.45pm – Welcome from North Tyneside Learning Trust
4.55pm – Introduction on jobs, skills and companies in the North East
5.30pm – Networking/Workshop
6.15pm – Summary
6.30pm – Finish
Read more posts
Recruitment business NRG has announced a new charity partnership with Smart Works Newcastle. Smart Works helps unemployed women get back into work by providing coaching, clothes and the confidence needed…Read more
Digital product consultancy hedgehog lab has raised a further £900k from the North East Development Capital Fund, supported by the European Regional Development Fund and managed by existing investors Maven…Read more
Anne-Marie Imafidon passed two GCSEs at primary school. Aged 11, she became the youngest girl ever to pass A-level Computing. In 2013 she founded and became CEO of Stemettes a…Read more