Cyber security is major concern for everyone and should be considered as part of a wider resilience agenda for the region. This is why Dynamo is creating a new type of coordination, one that involves all aspects of cyber resilience including those involved in commercial delivery, research and development, learning, regional resilience and users of technology.
The cyber workstream brings together these components in a coordinated way that promotes the North East as:
- A region of high cyber awareness and infrastructural resilience.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery of Cyber related services.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery and development of high quality students and employees.
- Noted for research and development in cyber.
To move forward with this, Dynamo, in partnership with Accenture, is launching #CyberFest, a series of cyber related events across the region during September.
The aim of #Cyberfest is:
To raise awareness of the North east as a place to address cyber resilience; to get people engaged in the Dynamo work stream; educate and inform of the threats and opportunities from cyber.
This will be achieved through:
A series of events covering the North East during September 2018, including:
- September 5 – #CyberNorth: One-day business event in Newcastle hosted by Northumbria University. More info & to book
- September 13 – Business event in Tees Valley hosted at The Curve by Teesside University. More details to follow
- September 14 – Breakfast event at the ORE Catapult in Blyth hosted by ORE Catalpult and ARCH. More details to follow
- September 19 – Local civic cyber resilience event for public sector at the Stadium of Light, hosted by North East ICT Managers. More details to follow.
Read more posts
We are delighted to announce our new client GMI Construction Group Plc! Initially deploying us on a few of their sites, the team at GMI Construction were so impressed with…Read more
Registration for this year’s NWG Innovation Festival 2019 is now open! Now in our third year, we have a fantastic range of events tackling a broad range of challenges with…Read more
Northumbria University, Newcastle, is one of just two universities to be newly recognised this year as an Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research by the National Cyber Security…Read more