Cyber security is major concern for everyone and should be considered as part of a wider resilience agenda for the region. This is why Dynamo is creating a new type of coordination, one that involves all aspects of cyber resilience including those involved in commercial delivery, research and development, learning, regional resilience and users of technology.
The cyber workstream brings together these components in a coordinated way that promotes the North East as:
- A region of high cyber awareness and infrastructural resilience.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery of Cyber related services.
- A centre of excellence in the delivery and development of high quality students and employees.
- Noted for research and development in cyber.
To move forward with this, Dynamo, in partnership with Accenture, is launching #CyberFest, a series of cyber related events across the region during September.
The aim of #Cyberfest is:
To raise awareness of the North east as a place to address cyber resilience; to get people engaged in the Dynamo work stream; educate and inform of the threats and opportunities from cyber.
This will be achieved through:
A series of events covering the North East during September 2018, including:
- September 5 – #CyberNorth: One-day business event in Newcastle hosted by Northumbria University. More info & to book
- September 13 – Business event in Tees Valley hosted at The Curve by Teesside University. More details to follow
- September 14 – Breakfast event at the ORE Catapult in Blyth hosted by ORE Catalpult and ARCH. More details to follow
- September 19 – Local civic cyber resilience event for public sector at the Stadium of Light, hosted by North East ICT Managers. More details to follow.
Read more posts
A fitness app developed by a small team in the North East has beaten nearly 2 million others to be chosen by Apple to be featured as its prestigious App…Read more
A SOCIAL evening has been arranged for the growing number of people working in the region’s Fintech sector. Regional IT network Dynamo North East is behind the free Fintech Friends…Read more
Durham-based Atom bank has received a £10m grant to boost its competition in SME lending. Atom, having been founded in 2014, is the UK’s first bank built exclusively for mobile.…Read more