Urban Sciences Building, 1 Science Square, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5TG
* This event has been rescheduled from 5 March 2018 – REGISTER HERE
Newcastle University and Siemens are changing how industry and academia work together to create impact from data driven research.
Hosted at the £58m Urban Sciences Building, the MindSphere Lab will showcase the huge impact of the Internet of Things (IoT) on industry and give users access to Siemens’ open, cloud-based platform, MindSphere.
This exclusive event will combine the latest thinking from the university and industry with demonstrations of the technology using real data and assets;
- Juergen Maier, Siemens UK CEO, will join a panel discussing the challenges and opportunities presented by industrial digitalisation
- How practically industry and academia can work together in a world of digital technologies to rapidly develop new solutions
Access to Siemens and university experts who will show:
- How advanced prognostics can change the business case – and the business model – for deploying batteries on the UK grid
- That IoT enables new approaches to asset monitoring and health
- How live data collected from a manufacturing process can be used to improve the accuracy of production and develop prognostic algorithms to predict the behaviour of the manufacturing process
As well as an opportunity to workshop how an IoT solution is developed and to meet experts from the University’s School of Computing and the National Innovation Centre for Data to learn about the collaboration opportunities with the University.
The event will take place from 11:00-13:30 followed by showcase demonstrations of IoT and analytics available until 16:15, if you would like to find out more and also as a drop-in for university staff and students.
MindSphere is Siemens’ cloud-based open IoT operating system and further info can be found at
Read more posts
MORE than 200 delegates from the region’s leading tech companies attended an inaugural conference aimed at the sector’s ‘do-ers.’ The first Built IT Right (BITR) conference was held Thursday, April…Read more
A vehicle servicing and repair firm has teamed up with Gateshead College to launch an apprenticeship programme in the North East. Halfords Autocentres is rolling out a national apprenticeship programme…Read more
North East law firm Sintons is opening its first Yorkshire office next month as part of its expansion into the region. Founded in 1896, the firm has been based on…Read more