Sage is pleased to announce applications are still open for the inaugural Atlanta Newcastle Start-up Exchange.
We’re please to announce the Atlanta Newcastle Start-Up Exchange, in partnership with the UK Department for International Trade, Newcastle City Council, Invest Atlanta and the Atlanta Mayor’s Office of International Affairs.
- Are you a North East start-up from the smart cities, cybersecurity or aerospace sectors with a product or service ready for markets and investors?
- Are you looking for opportunities to grow your business in the US?
- Are you excited about the opportunity to be the face of the North East to start-ups in the USA?
Yes? Then we’re looking for you!
The Exchange offers two C-Level executives from North East companies within the smart cities, cybersecurity or aerospace sectors the opportunity to join a 5-day Start-up Exchange in Atlanta, USA.
This will connect you with national and regional decision makers, and engage with investors and business leaders in either the smart cities, cyber or aerospace industry.
Atlanta is home to more than 450,000 people and at the centre of the 9th largest metro region with over 5.7 million people. Atlanta hosts the U.S. headquarters to world-renowned companies such as Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines, SunTrust Bank and CNN, and sits as the business hub of the Southeastern U.S. With 66 colleges and universities, abundant greenspace and one of the lowest costs of doing business among major U.S. metro areas, Atlanta provides a fantastic opportunity for North East businesses to develop overseas links and accelerate business growth.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm (UK time) on Friday 11th August. They will be reviewed by a panel made up of North East business leaders, organisations and influencers.
The first 50 applicants will also receive a complimentary 12 month subscription to Sage One online accounting and payroll software.
The residency will take place during Atlanta Cyber Week (1-7th October) or Venture Atlanta Week (8-14th October) so applicants must be available to travel on these dates.
Airfare, accommodations, dedicated co-working space and ground transportation will be provided for one representative from each startup. Meals will not be covered.
You can apply in writing (1,200 word limit) or send a short video (max 3 min) providing the following:
- An introduction to your business and team, as well as explaining who would attend the programme.
- What stage the business is at and what traction has been achieved so far
- Why you want to take part in the Start-up Exchange
- What you hope to get out of the visit and how the US market will factor into your future success
- How the North East and its start-up ecosystem has factored into your success so far
- Whether you currently have any international interactions
With your application also include a covering note giving your company name, registration number, registered address, website and contact details. If your video is too large to send as an attachment, please send as a compressed file or by using a file transfer service such as We Transfer.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more posts
We are pleased to let you know that we have a series of workshops focusing on strengthening cyber security in your supply chains. Taking place across the North East throughout…Read more
The Dynamo Advisory Board convene regularly to discuss how to help drive the growth and success of the North East technology sector. How do you think the world views the…Read more
Newcastle-based data and test solutions provider, Seriös Group, has announced a rollout of the metaverse in its business operations, providing free hi-tech Meta-Quest headsets to employees to facilitate virtual reality…Read more